Monday, October 4, 2010

Run away with me.

So I've had a horrible day, along with a horrible week, a horrible year, and why not, a horrible life.  We all have these times, when we really just don't want to get out of bed, when we wish we didn't even wake up.  Its times like these we tend to look for our escape.  Some name it their "lazy Sunday", but us pessimists know better.  We look for an escape wherever we can find it.  We reverse back to childish behaviour, as if, once you get your blankie, you hold on to it for dear life.  We cling to our escape for a time being, when something drags us back to the reality we don't want to be in, but by now you're ready to face the bullshit thrown at you by society.  That is when you drag your smelly ass out of bed, and force a smile.  You're back to normal.

It makes me wonder, why we never actually do anything to change the situation of reality so we have no need for escape days.  I figure that we are scared, scared of attaining a utopia where we don't even need an escape, scared that we would choose happiness for itself, afraid that we would create ideas and culture without a need for profit, and of course, afraid of standing on our own two feet.

The one thing I know is that each time I look for my escape, I secretly hope that I don't find one.

1 comment:

  1. People don't seem to know how to be happy, but they know that they want to be. That drives everyone a little crazy I think.

    ReplyDelete